Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A little damage on the weekend...

So my lovely local Holt Renfrew sent me a card in the mail letting me know there was a fantastic promo on - a gift card to be used in the month of May for 25% of your purchases on all regular priced clothing!  (Eeeeekkkk!)

I found myself wandering around Pink Tartan and DVF while my boyfriend enjoyed the wake of my frenzy behind me.  I purchased a beautiful pink and white PT dress ($395), shown below with the sleeves rolled up.  It reminds me of a candy striper but so very cute for a dinner with friends or a day on the town.  And love that silk - great for travelling!

I think this is a dress that won't get stuck with a particular trend or fashion...I mean DVF has been doing her wrap dresses and they just don't go out of style!

I also picked up a beautiful blue Tahari dress on sale, half price ($159) and came THIS CLOSE (holding thumb and index finger millimeters apart) to buying a beautiful Theory navy blue suit.  I just couldn't fathom spending that much in one day, especially with Mother's Day coming up :)  I think it will look great with a white blazer for work.

Shout out to Holt's for their wonderful customer service as of late!  We've noticed lots of complimentary treats as you walk around the store and lots of people ensuring you're doing well (more customer service than sales people)...we received the promotion, a bottle of infused water and smiles!  Now, if only they could work on their seating for non-shopping partners...


And then...after a lovely lunch at Caren's wine bar with the beau, we wandered by Banana Republic, to my surprise, which was having a 40% off sale!  I bought a beautiful jacket in the most lovely light grey and white background ($240) as well as a bright bubble-gum pink linen blouse ($69).  I don't usually buy linen as it's too difficult to keep fresh looking, but this blouse was just beautiful, and will be great for the summer.  I actually think it will be cuter a bit wrinkled.  I'll post a picture of each when I can get one.





Also picked out this beautiful skirt (Kerri Skirt from Judith and Charles, $210) which is a wonderful A-line skirt for us pear shaped ladies...it flows beautifully with kind ruffles and is cotton, which is wonderfully breathable for summer.  This one is definitely a staple for the wardrobe!


Also, kudos to fellow bloggers at Beautycrazed.ca for always having the entire Judith & Charles collections, with pricing!  It's definitely good to be able to budget for these expenditures!

No comments:

Post a Comment