Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have something to admit...

The admission is not that I have a little bit of an addiction to reality television, which I do...and when it comes to reality television, I like the best (worst) kind.  In particular, I like The Real Housewives of New York City and The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Separately, the main characters aren't great.  For instance, Bethanny Frankel is great on The Real Housewives of NYC.  Her own show?  Kinda boring.  But the characters together are funny and catty.

It's not something I tell any friends or colleagues or talk about or really anything concern myself with beyond watching the show itself (other than a fake-alarm cry from my boyfriend who will update me on something he found on an online site sometimes, i.e. "Oh My God!  Did you know Vicky filed for divorce from Don?!?"), but I love it.  My work is stressful (whose isn't?) and I'm working with intelligent people all day...it makes me want to just curl up and watch something un-intelligent in my off time.  I think there's a little bit of that in everyone.

I have to admit, I love Alexis Bellino from The Housewives of OC.  She's funny and a bit of a ditz sometimes but she is always interesting.  I'm a bit fascinated with her approach to her life (religion before marriage but marriage before her kids). 

The big admission is...I bought her maxi dress she wore on one of the shows that's now on her own website for sale.  But honestly, how cute is this dress?  I can't wait to get it.  The braiding on the front and around the neck is gorgeous (www.Alexis-Bellino.com, $69).  Great pricing, too, Alexis: I know you're probably making a nice margin on it as well, but good job on making it approachable.  Call me!


No comments:

Post a Comment