Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

New York Buys

A trip to New York always means a shopping trip, even if I was here for another reason...like work.  This visit was mostly fun with a little bit of work, which was early on the trip.  It's also one of the longer visits to New York - 5 days!

From Anthropologie, the Gathering Breeze Dress ($258, below) was absolutely gorgeous on, back ordered on the website until late August and sold out at the store...that is, until the sales woman working with me came skipping to my room as she had found my size in the store!  Thrilled, I tried it on and it felt and looked as beautiful as I had hoped.   So happy, I bought it.


I went to Kate Spade Soho, which had some serious sales, and picked up this beautiful piece, the Maire Dress, Regularly $395, marked down to $277 plus 25% off!


I have done well so far...with some goodies from Benefit - Cha Cha Tint (a coral skin and lip tint), Brow Zings (eyebrow kit) and Play Sticks (foundation and complexion enhancer) and Banana Republic camisole with adjustable straps ($39, Monogram Collection at Banana Republic).

I use this brow kit (Brow Zings in Light) every day - tweezers aren't so great but the combination of wax and powder keeps your makeup on!


Play Sticks (in Paper Dolls) which feels beautiful on the skin...light with just enough coverage. 

 Cha Cha Tint - beautiful on light skin tones

Banana Republic Monogram Crossover Cami, $39

That will likely conclude my shopping experience...with the exception of Tiffany's as I brought my Elsa Peretti Cuff to be sized and will be buying an Elsa Peretti Bean Necklace for Mum, $175, for cat-sitting while we were gone.  It has significance as my nickname was "Bean" to my parents, so I think Mum will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment